I have a confession: I am a list maker. Lists make me happy. Top 10 Lists, Bestseller Lists, you name it. I like anything with a semblance of organization to it and lists resonate with that part of my brain! So writing down things that need to be accomplished for the month, seemed like the most logical thing to do.
Here is January’s to-do list:
- Write down everything we spend. I am trying to get us on a budget and I want to start an emergency fund. In order to do this, I need to know where every penny is going. Write it down. Tally it up. Sounds simple enough.
- Take my multi-vitamin every day. My brain always has a million things running around in it and for some reason, taking my vitamin is not one of them. I have put them out on the counter so I can’t miss them.
- Packing to move. We are moving to a new apartment and the most dreaded task on earth must be done. Packing is the pits!
- Taking old coats to the consignment store. I have several coats that I haven’t worn in eons and they are taking up much needed space. Now’s a good time to get rid of them.
- Try to incorporate at least one vegetarian meal a week into the dinner menu. One of my goals for 2012 is to eat more fruits and vegetables. If I can sneak them into a yummy dish, that’s a step in the right direction.
Do you write down monthly goals?