I moved into a new apartment last week, the second in the last 16 months. I huffed and puffed and packed and unpacked. I kvetched and complained. I somehow forged my way into complete and utter exhaustion and sleepless nights full of tossing and turning. Moving is stressful and my temperament during this time was fragile at best.
As I continued to acclimate myself to my new surroundings, I realized how thankful I was that the move went so smooth and I didn’t have to sweep up any broken dishes. I truly am grateful; not just for my new home, but for many things in my life that are really…so simple.
I am also thankful for:
- My wonderful Hubby who always knows the right words to cheer me up
- Living so close to the ocean that I can smell the salt in the air
- Snuggles with my baby girl when she first wakes up in the morning
- Nick Jr. Seriously, it’s a lifesaver sometimes!
- Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies
- Cinnamon-Apple tea
- Getting rid of our excess moving boxes for free on Craigslist
- A glass of wine at the end of a long day
What are you thankful for this week?