Perfect for the holidays!
Caramel Apple Cookies
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ²/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham-cracker crumbs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped (¾ cup)
- 1 cup vanilla caramels
- 3 Tbs. whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a bowl, beat butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugars until fluffy. Then add eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, crumbs, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture and beat until combined. Stir in apple.
- Shape dough into 1 ¼-inch balls. Arrange balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove and let cool on wire racks.
- In a bowl, mix caramels and cream. Microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds or until nearly melted, stirring once. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; serve when hardened.
**Recipe adapted from Parents Magazine