- Set up an emergency fund. Thank goodness we set this up! November was a financially strapping month, and if we didn’t have this fund, we really would have been up the creek. Speaking for someone who a year ago did not have an emergency fund, I cannot stress the importance enough, of having one. December looks to be a tight month as well, so I am glad we have this money set aside. If you do not have an EF, start one today!
- Decrease our grocery bill to $250 a month. *snort* Um, no. This did not happen. Maybe I was idealistic when I came up with this number? Who knows. But no, I did not accomplish this goal, also known as “epic fail”.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Yup, I rocked this! Even back in June, I could give myself a high-five for getting more fruits and veggies in our diet.
- Start a 529 plan for my daughter. Did not accomplish this, but I will make this a priority in 2013. Luckily, my daughter is only 2 so I still have time to get the ball rolling on this.
- Get rid of any excess junk/clutter. Woo hoo! We sold stuff, we did it, we sold stuff, oh yeah! Junk and clutter are annoying, so buh-bye stuff!
- Pay off credit card. As I mentioned before in my 6 month recap, I may have overreached in the time I assumed I would have this card paid off. Unexpected purchases crept up a lot this year, and extra money that I could have thrown at this debt, was instead used to pay for the unexpected. I am not worried though, because I know I will pay off this card, and when I do, I will scream it from the rafters!
Did you accomplish your goals for 2012?