I know, it’s quite a mouthful to even say, right? But it’s gooooooood…
So last week, I bemoaned the fact that I hadn’t been able to adequately meal plan in ages. Try some new recipes seemed to be what the doctor ordered in terms of getting back on track. So while the meal planning is still a work in progress, trying out a new recipe is not.
And you know what the best part is? I had all the ingredients in my kitchen and did not have to spend any money to make it! Frugal? Um, heck yeah!
Mac ‘n Cheese Veggie Chicken Casserole
- 4 TBSP butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup 2% milk (I used 1% cause that’s what we had)
- 8 oz. rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 cups frozen vegetables, thawed
- 2 ¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine 3 TBSP of butter with the milk, pasta, chicken, veggies, and cheddar cheese in an 8-inch baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, and remaining butter in a small bowl; then sprinkle it on top of pasta mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6 servings.
****Recipe adapted from Country Crock