I cannot believe that I am writing this post right now. How is it December already? Are we really about to say Happy New Year in less than a month???
I guess so
Well, I had high hopes for my goals this year, I really did. I was on my way until about June or so, and then everything went haywire. But I have to say that regardless of what has gone on, I actually did okay My plan had been to check in on my goals every 3 months, but alas…
Let’s see how I did with my goals for 2013:
- Find an exercise regimen that works for me. Yes! and No! I rocked this goal from January to April and then we moved. From that point on, exercise has dropped from being a priority to…meh. I was really proud of myself those first couple of months, and it was good for my self-esteem. I am hoping that I can start anew with this goal after the holidays.
- Meditate more. Yes! I actually have gotten better with this, but there is definitely room for improvement.
- Go down one dress size. No. *snort* Uh, no this did not happen.
- Go to sleep earlier. Yes! Considering I used to go to bed somewhere between 11 and 11:30, 10:30 is a vast improvement in my book. Some nights I even make it to bed at 10:00!
- Need “date night” to occur much more often than it currently does…which is basically zilch. Nope. Ugh, why can’t we make this happen????
- Budget, budget, budget. Fair. Two steps forward, one step back. This summer was expensive (thanks electric bill!), but this fall we have done soooo much better! Hubby and I deserve 2 pats on the back
- Transfer my high interest credit card to a low-interest or 0% credit card. Epic Fail. I called my credit card company back in February, and asked them if they could lower the interest. The answer was no, no, and if you didn’t hear us the first time, no. I was supposed to be on the hunt for a better card/rate, but this goal just did not materialize. Commence kicking myself now.
- Start a savings account for my daughter. Started. Now I just need to convert it to a 529 plan.
- Continue to build up our emergency fund. Progress? Our EF went up and down more times than a freakin’ roller coaster, I’m telling you. They tell you to prepare for the unexpected, and let me tell you, the unexpected came knockin’ on our door many a time. We are going to be more diligent with funding this EF next year, come hell or high water!
- Charitable giving. In progress. I’ve given on and off this year, but I’ve got some major donations going out the door this month! I would like to keep this as a goal for next year as well, and really ramp this up.
I think I did pretty well considering things didn’t go quite according to plan.
It’s all good though, cause you know what? I’m going to ROCK 2014!
How did you guys do with your 2013 goals?