Well you all know my love for Ella Woodward’s cookbook Deliciously Ella, and I am back with another recipe of hers that is really yummy!
It is called an Apple and Honey Loaf and it is quite tasty. When I posted this picture on Instagram I wrote that anything where the recipe calls for apples, honey, and almonds, I am all over that! And it is true. Apples are my favorite fruit to eat, and I probably eat one almost every day. Fun fact: I couldn’t stand the taste of apples when I was pregnant, which just goes to show how screwed up your taste buds get when you are creating a human life, lol Luckily, my daughter loves apples just as much as her mommy!
But I digress…
This recipe is super easy to make and I really think you’ll love it! ♥
Apple and Honey Loaf
- 3 heaped tablespoons of pureed apple
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 ripe banana peeled
- 1 ¼ cups ground almonds (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 ¼ cups brown rice flour
- coconut oil for greasing
- 4 tablespoons of water
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Place the apple puree, honey, and banana into a large mixing bowl and mash them together with a fork until you have a smooth mix.
- Stir in the ground almonds, chia seeds, rice flour, and 4 tablespoons water and mix until smooth.
- Grease a standard size loaf pan with coconut oil before pouring the mixture in and spreading it across. It is meant to be a long loaf and only 1 inch or so tall. (Don’t try to make the loaf too thick or else it won’t set. Seriously, I’ve made that mistake before. It really is only meant to be about 1 inch thick).
- Bake for 50 minutes until the top turns a golden brown and you can pull a clean knife out of the middle of it.
**Recipe adapted from Deliciously Ella