I’ve mentioned here and there that I have this penchant for ripping recipes out of magazines and storing them in a folder to make at some undisclosed date. Well, here is one of those recipes! And it cooks in a slow-cooker! And it has cheese! And I love exclamation marks! 😉
Cheesy Italian-Style Stuffed Peppers
- ¼ cup instant brown rice
- ½ pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 red bell peppers, tops removed, cored and seeded
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rice, turkey, Italian seasoning, onion, Parmesan cheese, ¼ cup tomatoes and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Fill peppers with rice mixture.
- Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray and place filled peppers upright in cooker. Spoon remaining tomatoes over and between peppers; top each pepper with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese. Cook on low for 8 hours.
**Recipe adapted from Fitness Magazine