I know for many people, they purchase someone’s cookbook with the best intentions. “I’m totally going to make every single recipe in this book!”, they say. And then the book collects dust…
But trust me when I say that if you make the recipes from Deliciously Ella by Ella Woodward, you will not only make these recipes, you will be richly rewarded with the deliciousness of her recipes!
One her most beloved recipes is her Almond and Chia Energy Bites, and oh my goodness, are these puppies good! Seriously amazing and my husband and I ate quite a few of them before I forced the lid of the container on the rest of them, and put them away 😉
If you are looking for something super healthy to have as a snack, look no further than this recipe!
Almond and Chia Energy Bites
- 1 ¹⁄³ cup of almonds (about 7 ounces)**
- 14 ounces Medjool dates (about 20 dates)
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Start by putting the almonds in a food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds, until they are nicely crushed.
- Then pit the dates and add them, plus the other ingredients and 2 tablespoons water, to the processor and blend again until everything has mixed together perfectly and it is all nice and sticky.
- Roll the mix into balls.
- Place the balls in the freezer for an hour to set, then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes about 20 balls.
** Ella states in her book that if you don’t like almonds, you can try swapping them with a different nut. But I definitely used almonds in this recipe and it was yummy