I like “getting to know you” posts from bloggers because it’s fun to find out some things you may not know about the person who authors the posts you read. So, here we go!
5 things you may not know about me:
1) I am really good at Jeopardy. See, I retain useless information and it rattles around in my brain and then Jeopardy comes on, and finally the useless info has an outlet! I may not be able to remember what I wore yesterday, but I can tell you what year The Way We Were with Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford came out at the movie theater: 1973. Who carries that kind of random info in their head? This girl…
2) I have never been to another country. Although I definitely, definitely want to travel outside the US, it just has never been in the budget. But one day when I can afford it, my passport will get some serious wear and tear.
3) Bethenny Frankel did a signing years ago at a supermarket near me around the time when she first came out with her signature Skinnygirl Margaritas. She is on The Real Housewives of New York, if you aren’t familiar with who she is. My daughter and I got to take a picture with her. She is a cool chick. And her margaritas are the bomb
4) If I could go to Disneyland every day, I would. It’s not called “the happiest place on earth” for nothing!
5) I was seriously into Madonna when I was a kid which appropriately, was in the 1980’s. I may have received the plastic stretchy bracelets she always wore during the Material Girl phase, as a birthday present. And I may or may not have worn out my True Blue cassette tape. That may have happened…
5 things I know nothing about:
1) I don’t know how to change a tire.
2) I am not a technological person. Seriously, if someone starts talking about code or updating this or that, my brain turns to mush. *does not compute*
3) I know nothing about investing. See above comment about brain mush.
4) I know nothing about people’s fanatical interest in The Walking Dead. I don’t get it, but to each their own.
5) I do not know how to sew. There, I said it.
5 things that I believe:
1) Everything happens for a reason.
2) Not everyone is meant to stay in your life. Sometimes it is just for a season.
3) There are such things as soul mates.
4) A trip to the beach can cure a bad mood.
5) That I was right when I (nicely) told my high school science teacher that dissecting a frog, especially first thing in the morning, was not going to benefit me in any way shape or form, in my adult life. That knowledge of the inner workings of a frog is still information I have yet to use.
What is something that we may not know about you? Are there things in life that you don’t know that you wish you did?