I heart pasta, I really do. And my hips seem to love it as well 😉
I found this recipe in a cookbook I checked out from the library called Vegan Planet by Robin Robertson. There are so many yummy recipes in this book, that I may have to scour online and pick myself up an actual copy. The Chili Avocado Dip I made earlier this month, is from that same book.
Anyhoo, I am excited to make this and…. did I mention this is pasta? Let the eating begin!
Tuscan-Style Pasta with Chickpeas, Zucchini, and Rosemary
- 2 TBSP olive oil 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch-thick-half-moons
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- One 14.5 ounce can plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked or one 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound penne or other short tubular pasta
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the zucchini and cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the rosemary, tomatoes, chickpeas, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Drain and place in a large shallow serving bowl. Add the sauce and toss gently to combine. Serve at once.